Assists with all frontline Visitor Services duties as needed including membership sales, education scheduling, and group check-in. Using customer service skills, assist with visitor service functions such as greeting guests, answering phones and general information questions, as well as providing administrative support for the visitor services unit. Also provides coverage for other frontline positions including ticket booth cashier, checkpoint ticket taker, or other duties as assigned per operational needs. Perform cashier duties daily including opening, balancing, and closing of the visitor services register while adhering to all university cash handling policies.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings as per operational needs. Must be able to work a variable work schedule due to vacations or illness of other admissions staff.
- Skill in using office equipment such as 10-key adding machine, fax, copier, etc.
- Ticket sales experience and credit card transactions/reporting experience. Ability to operate a computerized ticket sales system. Cash handling experience.
- Skill to accurately and completely process credit card purchases and provide for accurate accounting and record-keeping.
- Experience working in a customer-driven service organization. Excellent customer service, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use computer to complete sales transactions and run reports.
- Knowledge of negotiable instruments (checks, foreign collection items, etc.). Good arithmetic and/or accounting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers.
- Employee must be able to be bonded, and a background check will be conducted.