Front End Software Engineer (San Francisco)
17WD24873 Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Job Title and ID: Front End Software Engineer (17WD24873)
Location: San Francisco
Autodesk is undertaking a strategic initiative to improve our customers’ experience. As part of this initiative we are investing in web development efforts specifically focused on making it easier for our customers to get help and support; and to learn how to use our software. This development will include a variety of approaches to web services that enable people to find, use, share and contribute relevant information and answers, via web sites as well as in-product features and also through mobile experiences, as a part of a new Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN) program and platform.
• Work with a cross-functional team in an agile fashion to rapidly prototype, iterate and develop customer-facing experiences and internal tools for technical and non-technical end users to manage and administer those experiences
• Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug complete web applications based on conceptual designs, documented wireframes and visual designs, collaboratively-defined user stories and tasks, and interactive team feedback
• Collaborate with product designers, product managers and usability experts to ensure the right solution is delivered to Autodesk customers by collaboratively and iteratively refining functional requirements
• Partner with testing staff to develop testing strategies and resolve defects and customer-reported issues. Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed software or feature.
• Write and maintain the code so that it can be tested using automatic methods. Write and maintain automatic tests as appropriate.
• Work with technical architects and other developers to ensure applications are highly-scalable, high-performance
• Create and follow processes and procedures to ensure maintainable application development, including source code management, automated build processes and appropriate documentation
• Test newly developed features to ensure proper functioning prior to release to QA.
• Participate in planning and design review meetings with technical leads and project managers to determine schedules, review technical problems, and assign tasks and resources.
• Provide technical leadership in exploring, recommending and adopting emerging web technology frameworks and tools
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience developing AJAX interfaces with established AJAX libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, React, and AngularJS.
• Experience with jQuery Mobile and mobile application development a plus
• Expert understanding of one or more open source server-side web technologies used widely in web application development (PHP, Java).
• Expert understanding of approaches to designing and using RESTful and SOAP web services to develop complex applications
• Working functional knowledge of and hands-on experience with SQL and approaches to designing and using relational databases
• Comfortable working with Linux server environments and the LAMP stack in general
• Comfortable building web interfaces from visual specifications and/or directly from mockups.
• Ability to work with web designers to provide superior user interface.
• Takes pride in building highly responsive and engaging web interfaces. Demonstrates interest in the details and the results of the design process, not just the initial high concept.
• Experience with ideation techniques such as brainstorming and design workshops
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to interact with and influence others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy
• Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction or feedback from management and team members
• A demonstrated understanding and/or professional background in one of the Autodesk customer design industries a plus
• Exude a positive can-do attitude and have a proven track record in driving to results
• B.S. degree or equivalent work experience