Senior Software Engineer, HD Map Learning
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Automated driving is one of the key research-fields for future vehicle generations. Thanks to enhanced automation, the driver can be further relieved from the driving task to achieve a considerable gain in comfort and safety.
One of the key features for automated driving is a complete understanding of the vehicle environment in traffic flow. The environmental detection is primary based on sensors such as radar or camera. Another important role in this constellation is a digital and highly accurate road map.
Assistance systems for automated driving require a digital road map that is significantly more comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date than the map previously known in navigation systems. The Autonomous System and Functions Team is looking for a passionate and versatile engineer for the development of driver assistance systems & autonomous driving to shape the future of automotive industry.
- Cooperation with relevant departments of Daimler Research & Development in Germany and USA for autonomous driving maps, map learning and other map based cloud services
- Work with the supplier and Daimler departments in Germany and USA on implementing map learning strategy and algorithms
- Consult in design, implementing and testing of map learning software
- Develop and control the processes for map learning & its results
- Production and validation of maps from map learning
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or comparable
- Excellent Programming skills in C/ C++
- Expertise in maps, map format, map data modeling and/or GIS technologies
- Expertise in deep learning, big data analysis, data filtering & algorithms
- Deep knowledge in Localization, aggregation and optimization algorithms
- Experience in Statistics
- Knowledge about sensor technologies
- Driver License
- Knowledge about Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive Systems or other ADAS systems
- Knowledge about vehicle software, architecture and networks
- German language skills
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.Follow us here: