Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
We are seeking top sales talent to support our growth model, and provide best in class service to our customers. Fortune Magazine honors Grainger as one of America’s Most Admired Companies in its industry. Here, you’ll flourish in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. Using our unparalleled value proposition, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing long lasting partnerships with customers to supply and manage their MRO procurement. Working within a local, multi-million-dollar territory, you’ll spend more time with clients and less time traveling. Account Managers also have resources like an expert team of product support representatives who consult with you and your customers to discuss specific product-lines, professional training and development programs, and our world class e-commerce site that provides the cutting-edge technology and efficiency our customers both require and expect of us. Our most successful sales professionals possess a tenacious desire to win and have the intellectual ability to create tailored, cost effective solutions that impact our customers’ bottom line.
- Minimum of three years of successful complex selling experience, with strong emphasis on end user/commercial sales.
- Possess the business acumen to position the Grainger solution as a strategic advantage for our customers. Account Managers must be able to clearly articulate business drivers, balance sheets, and total cost of ownership concepts with executives and decision makers.
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers within each customer organization in the territory.
- Results driven & documented success in exceeding sales goals or objectives.
- Strong process discipline & ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop territory revenue.
- Experience in developing strategic plans and accurate forecasts for territory and accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience is highly desired, but not required.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Follow us here: